12.2.09

The XOXO Effect

Hi, my name is Coco, and I will be bringing you regular updates (almost regular) of things I like. New collections, design, art, fashion, music and movie reviews.

There is no beauty without strangeness!

Let me tell you about Antonio Marras. I love his new collection. The layered soft pieces, the patterns and Japanese floral designs, looked like it was something out of the 1920s.

Check it out www.antoniomarras.it

I saw a posting on ASW, for an art exhibition for Graffiti artist Maximillian Wiedemann called Vanity Unfair.














His work explores the dependent relationship between pop culture, media and consumerism This exhibit examines the perplexities of grand industry against the trials and behaviour of modern society. His sense of humour is perfect for our ambiguous times, with quotes such as 'Closer to God in Heels' and 'The better you look, the more you see'. Picking up the heels where the bourgeoisie stopped, Wiedemann has continued the quest इन्तो the lifestyle of the rich and famous. He takes something iconic and turns it upside down.


I LOVE IT!

THAT'S IT FOR ME..
xoxo
Coco




No comments: